10 March 2014

Solo Dive to the Ledge of Turtles

Swam to the reef, but couldn't see a thing from the surface.  I descended in 3 ft visibility and it took a while to find the Rock Pile, but I did.  From there I headed on a 120 degree bearing and found the three small coral heads near the Sea Plume and just WNW of the Mid-way Rock.  From there, the Ledge was just around the corner.  I just hung out at the Ledge until my tank pressure dropped below 1000 psi.  During that time, I saw a couple of French Grunt fights that I couldn't get close enough to shoot.  I did, however, get a shot of






this Spanish Hogfish,






this Redband Parrotfish





this Juvenile Stoplight Parrotfish,





this Scrawled Filefish,





this Yellowtail Damselfish





this Juvenile Yellowtail Damselfish next to a French Grunt,





this Spanish Grunt





and this Christmas Tree Worm.
Fun to hang out with the fish, but really, really cold.  Oddly, I did well on air and hit two hours before I left the Rock Pile for the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment