12 March 2014

Another Solo Dive on the Ledge of Turtles

Got to the beach and the ocean was not as calm as yesterday, but the surf was not bad and the visibility was okay. I swam out to the reef and spotted the Rock Pile from the surface.  Descended and






 got some nice photos of a Bandtail Puffer.












Headed out at 120 degrees and stopped to photograph a Knobby Sea Rob.  I am fascinated by the 8-arm stars that are the knobs.









Kept going, but must have drifted North with the current because I spotted the cushion rock, so I headed SW and spotted some familiar coral heads, then spotted the Ledge.  Got a shot of a Striped Parrotfish in the staghorn coral North of the Ledge.





As I got to the Ledge, I spotted the Red Hind I had seen a few days ago.  He was lying on the sand under the same rocks he had been under before.  I got a few shots.




I spent the bulk of the dive at the Ledge hanging out with those fish.  Got a nice shot of a Yellowtail Damselfish.




Increased the shutter speed and I think I got some better pictures of the Juvenile Yellowtail Damselfish. The spots appear better defined shooting at 800.




Got a nice shot of a Spanish Grunt on top of one of the two coral heads on the East end of the Ledge.




Also got a nice shot of a young Green Sea Turtle just passing through.








Like yesterday's dive, I headed back at 1000 psi and waited until about 400 psi before I headed out across the sand for the beach.   Burned 100 psi more air today and the dive was 8 minutes shorter than yesterday.  Still, it was a pleasant dive.

No comments:

Post a Comment