10 May 2011

Still Looking for the Ledge of Turtles

I was late getting to the beach again, but its calm and quiet. I descend well before the swim buoy and swim out at 90 degrees, looking for the Ledge of Turtles and taking shots of blennies and gobys and a small sharptailed eel. I swim until I come to the Eastern edge of the reef and then come back and to the South. I find the Shark Rocks, which are like the Fish Camp Rocks, but much bigger. No sharks, however. No Ledge of Turtles.

I hurried to change tanks and get back in the water before the Lifeguards showed up. I descended earlier than I usually would on the theory that if they arrived and I was underwater, they would not know I was diving solo. I found a few Amphipods in the sand, but did not get any good pictures. They seemed very wary. I made my way up the reef and actually found a small green turtle to swim with, but no Ledge of Turtles. I have no idea where it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment