28 August 2019

Wednesday, 28 August 2019 Dive on the Fish Camp Rocks

Ms. Martha

Martha and I got to the beach about 7:00 am and the Mos arrived a little later. We got my favorite parking spot behind Tower 17. We geared up and got in the water.







Yellowtail Snapper (Ocyurus chrysurus)




The beach had a large step and I fell on the way in. My foot sunk into the loose sand and a wave knocked me over.

Gray Angelfish (Pomacanthus arcuatus)










 We swam out to the buoy line and descended a little beyond it. There was a moderate South current, so I tried to compensate and we ended up at the Perpendicular Rocks.





Spanish Hogfish (Lachnolaimus maximus)



We swam past the Swept Rock and onto the Big Coral Knoll. Unfortunately, there were no turtles today, so we made one pass around the knoll and headed South to the Fish Camp Rocks.






White Grunt (Haemulon plumierii)






More fish on the Rocks than the knoll, but nothing unusual: Grunts, Snappers and Parrotfish. 








Bluestriped Grunt (Haemulon sciurus)


French Grunt (Haemulon flavolineatum)















Martha and I continued swimming South and . found what is left of the Columnar Coral. It used to have 3 inch sillia that waved in the current. Now its just rock.


Redband Parrotfish (Sparisoma aurofrenatum)








We surfaced just inside the buoy line. Only CS was breathing fumes, but CSwalked was the only one of us to walk out of the water and onto the beach. I crawled out. Acacia fell and then crawled. Martha was helped out.  It wasn't pretty.




Spotted Scorpionfish (Scorpaena plumieri) 






 Bottom time was 76 minutes at a maximum depth of 21.0 feet. My SAC was 15.93 psi/minute and the RMV was 0.41 cubic foot/minute.





No comments:

Post a Comment