26 August 2019

Monday 26 August 2019 Shore Dive on Swiss Cheese Reef

Cora Mo


After a 45 minute surface interval, CS and Cora geared up with new tanks, but Acaca, Martha and I had more than half a tank left, so we used the same tanks. We geared up and got back in the water where poor Martha had been standing and holding her gear, the flag and my fins.



CD Mo



We swam out to the buoy. when CS noticed that he had forgotten his camera. He and Acacia went back to get it while Martha, Cora and I descended at 9:35 am and headed pretty much East over the Wrap Around Ledge, the rubble out to the Rock-line and then to the Crescent Moon Rock and NE to the staghorn coral.




Acacia Parks Mo















Yellow Stingray (Urobatis jamaicensis) 

I took fewer pictures than usual, but still had 150 to edit. Got some pictures of a small  Yellow Stingray (Urobatis jamaicensis) who posed for me and even let me scratch his undersides. I put my hand flat on the sand and moved my index finger under the lip of its wings. I moved slowly and began to rub its belly with my finger. He let me rub him for maybe two minutes.



Graysby (Cephalopholis cruentatus)




 Saw and photographed some Graysbys on the staghorn coral








Spotted Goatfish (Pseudupeneus maculatus) 



and got some really good photos of some Spotted Goatfish

Cero (Scomberomorus regalis) 

I got several pictures of a Cero busy hunting smaller fish on the Staghorn Coral.








Ocean Surgeonfish (Acanthurus tractus) 





From the Staghorn Coral, we went too far East and got into some unfamiliar territory. At one point, Martha and the Mo's lost sight of me and headed North past the Staghorn Coral. I raced to catch up to them and get them turned around.

Smallmouth Grunt (Haemulon chrysargyreum)








Despite the chaos, we ended up coming out right at the buoy.

Bottom time was 67 minutes at a maximum depth of 18.3 feet. My SAC was 14.63 psi/minute and the RMV was .38 ft3/minute.




No comments:

Post a Comment