25 August 2019

Sunday, 25 August 2019 Navigation Dive off Tower 4

Martha was tired and elected to stay on the beach. CS and Acacia wanted to find a hardware store to repair Cora's fins. Cora borrowed CS's fins and she and I went out to make a navigation dive.

We swam out to the buoy to descend at 10:14 am, swam over the Wrap Around Ledge and headed to the rock line. We were swimming East when it occurred to me that this was an ideal sand flat to use. So we stopped and set up.

I remained in one place with the flag and Cora swam 30 kick cycles on a 100-degree bearing, then returned on the reciprocal bearing. Thirty kick cycles is about 20 yards, so I left the flag in place and followed her at a distance. I got back to the flag in time for her to find me. She was less than 2 feet off the mark.

Her square was not as tight as it might have been, but she nonetheless found me in the limited visibility. She was within 5 yards. I congratulated her and we swam over the staghorn coral again before heading back to the beach.

Our bottom time was 52 minutes at a maximum depth of 18.3 feet, which was pretty good considering I did not change to a new tank but rather used the same tank I used on the first dive. My SAC was 13.7 psi/minute and the RMV was .35 ft3/minute. Good dive all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment