29 August 2019

Thursday, 29 August 2019, Deep Dive on the Lady Luck

Martha and I gathered up the gear and got to Alsdorf Park a little after 2:00 pm. Jerry called to say he was running late and would likely miss the bridge opening at 3:05 and he did. He got there about 3:45. Of course, by that time the Mos and come and then gone to the bank, so we missed another bridge opening and got to the dive site about 4:30 pm.

On the ride out to the dive site I discussed the dive with CS and Cora. I timed CS and Cora opening some combination locks. CS took 8.4 seconds to open his lock on the surface and Cora took 18.4 seconds on the surface. 

DM Kim took the line down and tied off to the wreck for us. We got in the water at 4:43 pm and got to the wreck and on the sand 6 minutes later. I timed CS and Cora opening their locks on the bottom. CS was 2.3 seconds longer on the bottom at 10.7 seconds.  Cora was 25.8 seconds or 7.4 second longer at 130 feet.

When we finished timing the locks, we headed up to the railing and then started to the bow of the wreck. We fought a losing battle against what had been a mild current on the surface. I spotted the line two decks above us and decided to go up to the lines. We continued up the line til we got to 20 ft at 16 minutes. We spent almost 4 minutes on a safety stop then surfaced and drifted back to the stern of the A Sea D and got out of the water. 

I found the ladder difficult to manage and Kim had to haul me up until my legs were above my knees and I could stand on my own.

Bottom time was 21 minutes at a maximum depth of 133.3 feet. My SAC was 22.03 psi/minute and the RMV was 0.37 ft3/minute.  I returned to the boat with 1890 psi still in my tank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment