25 May 2019


Saturday, 25 April 2019

Martha and I dive on the Sand Flats off Tower 4


Juvenile Cocoa Damselfish (Stegastes variabilis)
Martha and I got up early. I was late making coffee but we still got to the beach by 7:20 am. We geared up, swam to the buoy off Tower 4 and descended at 8:00 am.





Visibility was not too bad. I got a nice shot of this Juvenile Cocoa Damselfish on the right.
Hogfish (Lachnolaimus maximus)






I did get a good shot of this Hogfish on the left






Juvenile Queen Angelfish (Holacanthus ciliaris)
and this Juvenile Queen Angelfish below.

















Cero (Scomberomorus regalis)

Got lucky when I glanced above us and spotted this Cero and three of his buddies cruising by.









Guitarfish (Rhinobatos lentiginosus)




While we did not find the weight packet Mitch lost, Martha did find this Guitarfish well hidden in the sand.

She also found a two-piece anchor weighing approximately 20-pounds that I carried back to the beach.  Martha held the anchor while I exited the water and dropped my fins and camera. I then went back and got the anchor from her and she exited the water with her fins and the flag.
     









My pictures from this dive are posted at the following link:25 April 2019_Sand Flats off Tower 4












No comments:

Post a Comment