24 May 2019

Saturday 20 April 2019

Mitch and Nicole's third and fourth dives


Mitch lost one of his weight packets on our previous dive. Martha offered to sit on the beach and let Mitch borrow her weight packet to make this dive. We worked on breathing, controlling buoyancy with breathing and maintaining good horizontal trim.

We swam to the buoy off Tower 4  to descend and this time I spotted the blocks. I turned to the East and swam out to the Wrap-Around Ledge. Headed East across the rubble to a short sand-flat but missed the Rock line. I could not find the Staghorn Coral and did not see the Sectioned Rock or anything that looked like the Swiss Cheese Reef. We did swim next to a wooden object that might have been a small rowboat or a wooden pallet, I could not tell which.

Mitch got down to 1500 psi so I turned the dive. We headed WSW to the beach. surfaced just before the buoy line and swam in on the surface, Mitch was down to 400 psi and Nicole was at 800 psi. Makes me think, again, that Mitch was overweighted and still burning too much air.

The dive time was 69 minutes, maximum depth was 24.5 feet and the bottom temperature was 77 degrees. My SAC was 19.55 psi/minute and my RMV was 0.50 cubic feet per minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment