16 March 2015

Night Dive with Ricther early Monday morning

Ric got to the beach 20 minutes before me, parked near the North end of the lot and slept until I got there at 5:00 am. I saw but did not recognize his car, but he apparently saw and recognized my truck and parked next to me where we usually park. We geared up and got in, agreeing to make only an 85 minute dive so he could shower and get to work when we were finished.

We swam out to the buoy line then descended on the Algae Patch and swam East. We might have seen a few fish on the way out, but not many and nothing interesting. On the sand, I found a Gaudy Natica and a Moonsail. We got to the 3-tiered reef at 45 minutes, so I turned the dive and we headed back. Well, we mostly headed back. At one point I found myself swimming East again, onto the 3-tiered reef. On our way back across the sand, I spotted a juvenile Flounder. Had to look really hard to see it. It blended in really well. Also found a small Purplemouth Moray Eel on the Algae Patch, but it was mostly under a coral head and had no intention of coming out. We got back to the beach at 77 minutes and just off Tower 1.

Water temperature was 75 degrees; dive time was 77 minutes; consumption rate was 25.52 psi/minute at an average depth of 17 feet; and the SAC rate was 16.84 psi/minute on an aluminum 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment