18 March 2015

Diving on the T2 Algae Patch

I did not go night diving this morning. One of the two Intova dive lights I flooded yesterday morning has recovered, but the other remains flooded and I'm going to wait until it dries out before making another night dive. Instead, I went to the beach about 7:00 am and watched the sunrise and read for half an hour before gearing up and getting in the water.


Although the light wind was out of the West and the ocean surface was calm, there was a mild to moderate South current that surprised me. I swam on the surface out past the buoy line and descended. I took the camera and  got some interesting pictures on the Algae Patch, including a small Purplemouth Moray Eel.






Just as I left the Patch for the sand, I spotted an Atlantic Guitar fish and got several shots of it.


Found this Blue Goby on the sand,
and this Seaweed Blenny near the 3-tiered reef. Swam out and along the Northern edge of the 3-tiered reef and got to 25 feet of water, where I surfaced.






Water temperature was 75 degrees; dive time was 51 minutes; consumption rate was 28.47 psi/minute at an average depth of 17 feet; SAC rate was 18.79 psi/minute on an aluminum 80.



I descended after an 8 minute surface interval and headed West over the 3-tiered reef, the sand and the Algae Patch to the beach. I had plenty of gas and spent time on the West end of the Algae Patch where I got shots of a Cero,
a Channel Flounder,
 a Lane Snapper,
and a small school of Porkfish.



Water temperature was 75 degrees; dive time was 55 minutes; consumption rate was 26.07 psi/minute at an average depth of 16 feet; SAC rate was 17.56 psi/minute on an aluminum 80. .

No comments:

Post a Comment