24 February 2015

Diving the Yankee Clipper Jacks

Found that my second battery works on the strobe. I don't know why the first doesn't. Took the camera, but not much to shoot, really. Swam over the Algae Patch to the sand before descending.

Found this Black Spotted Feather Duster just West of the sand when I first went down.











Saw and photographed this Queen Conch along the sand before the 3-tiered reef.  Got a close of up the Conch's eyes.



Found this Slippery Dick on the 3-tiered reef. Swam over the 3-tiered reef then headed South to the Jacks before coming up at 46 minutes.












Water temperature was 71 degrees; dive time was 46 minutes; consumption was 25.83 psi/minute at an average depth of 20 feet; SAC rate was 16.08 on an aluminum 80.


I warmed up a bit on the surface, then went back down to 25 ft just North of the Jacks. Got this shot of an Atlantic Spadefish as I approached the Jacks.











Also took this shot of a pair of French Angelfish
Unfortunately, I found a Lionfish on the Jacks. Didn't take my spear.
 Found this Sand Diver.
 Found this Spotted Burrfish on the Jacks.

Also found this Yellowtail Snapper.








I left the Jacks and headed West to the beach. Found a very large but broken Gaudy Natica in about 16 ft of water just getting onto the Algae Patch. Biggest one yet, but not in great condition. Wish I had taken a picture of it.

Water temperature 71 degrees; Dive Time 51 minutes; consumption 28.1 psi/minute at an average depth of 16 feet; SAC rate of 18.92 psi/minute on an aluminum 80 tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment