15 January 2015

Thursday Night Dive with Luis on the Tower 2 Algae Patch

Luis left work early and sent me a text that he was on his way to the beach. I quickly got my gear ready and headed out, as well. I beat him into the lot by seconds. We geared up, walked to the water and got in. I felt good at first. We swam on the surface out to the swim buoy and descended then tried to head East but got set to the North. We got to the sand after about 40 minutes and I just started getting cold. I was also down to 2100 psi.

We were both taking pictures but I'm not sure how many will turn out okay. We saw some rather large red shrimp




Spotted this Longspine Porgy.













Found a Flame Box Crab on the 3-tiered reef. I was at half a tank before we made the turn South towards the Jacks.


























We headed West instead. I was getting low on gas, but stopped to shoot a Fingerprint Cyphoma.



I was at 300 psi when we got to the sand and I ended up surfacing from 8 ft of water.








Water temperature was 75: consumption rate was 29.52 psi/minute at an average depth of 17 ft; SAC rate was 19.49 psi/minute; RMV was 0.5 ft3/minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment