14 January 2015

Our Second Dive with Scubatyme was on Abbey Too

During our surface interval, Gary said he had seen a large Bull Shark during our first dive and was amazed that neither Jimmy, Jordan or I had seen it.

I popped the camera housing during our surface interval and re-fit the hot shoe. Got a flash, so I closed it back up. We got in the water and dropped. Held the mask on and tucked the camera to my chest. Caught the reel once in and down we went. I let the flag pull me South.

Gary spotted the large shark again and Jimmy claims to have seen it, too, but not me. Jordan, the doctor, hunted lobster and ran out of air early again. We drifted along, but I was running up against a no-decompression limit. Gary was getting cold. We went up with almost half a tank left. Still, got some better pictures, I think, using the strobe.

 For example, I think this shot of a Bicolor Damselfish came out much better than the one I took on the first dive.
 Same with this shot of a Blue Chromis.
 Got a nice shot of a Blue Tang,
 a Brown Chromis,

a Creole Wrasse,
and this Initial Phase Queen Parrotfish.




Water temperature on this dive was 75 degrees; Dive time was 48 minutes; consumption rate at an average depth of 42 feet was 42.23 psi/minute; SAC rate was 18.58 psi/minute; and RMV was 0.48 ft3/minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment