28 April 2014

Solo Dive on the Little Coral Knoll

I got to the beach early and spent some time reading my Kindle.  Surf is up, but things are okay underwater.  I swam out to the Big Rock. I found and photographed a small Nurse Shark who was sleeping under the Rock's overhang.


Also found a Purplemouth Moray Eel inside the Rock.  Got a nice picture of him, too.



I headed to the Little Coral Knoll at 150 degrees.  Spotted the 5-gallon bucket I used to use as a landmark and ended up right at the Knoll.  Spent the rest of the dive on the Little Knoll and close by.

Got this nice shot of a Sergeant Major,


the Spotted Moray Eel we saw on Saturday,


a little Butter Hamlet,

this stack of White Grunts,



a Juvenile Yellowtail Damselfish,


a single Tarpon who cruised up to and circled me just to see what I was doing,


and this Spotted Burrfish.


Left the Little Knoll at 1000 psi and swam back to the Big Rock, where I hung out until the two hour mark, then I headed West to the beach.  Ended the dive with 135 minutes underwater.  Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment