24 April 2014

Solo Dive on the Ledge of Turtles

Got to the beach about 8:45 am and read a little before gearing up at 9:00 am and getting in.  I dropped once I got everything set and swam out to the reef on the bottom.  I was hoping to find that manta shrimp looking creature again, but did not.  Instead, I found the whole reef covered in light green algae.  I don't remember it being like that when I last dove the Ledge.  It took some time to find the Rock Pile, but I did.  I went up on the reef at 120 degrees, trying to adjust for the current.



Not far from the Rock Pile, I found a Spotted Burrfish and spent some time photographing it.

I continued up the reef and spotted Turtle Rock through the haze.  I swam right to the Ledge from there.  Took lots of pictures on the Ledge,







these two Porkfish,



a Striped Parrotfish,
a Purplemouth Moray Eel,
a Squirrelfish,
a Spanish Grunt,
 a Yellowtail Damselfish (Golden Variation), and
my favorite is this Threespot Damselfish.





 At about 1500 psi, I decided to head over to Shark's Rock and look around.



I found these Black Margate,

several Midnight Parrotfish,










and this little Hermit Crab.



.

I headed back to the Ledge, via Nipple Rock and then 300 degrees down the reef to the Rock Pile,where I spotted and photographed this Green Sea Turtle.


It was a long dive at 2 hours 15 minutes, and I was shivering when I got out.  I was cautious since I had fallen last time I was here, but I did fine this time.






No comments:

Post a Comment