08 April 2014

Liz Crane and I dive the Big Coral Knoll and she brings home-made ginger snaps

Liz and I met on the beach, geared up and swam out to the concrete blocks.  We went up the gun sight and then to the Cigar Rock and the Gray Mid-way Rock.  Turned there and headed North to the Perpendicular Rocks, the Swept Rock and the Knoll.




As I came up the Knoll, I spotted this little baby Smooth Trunkfish fighting the surge.  Took a few tries to get close enough for a shot.








You can sort of see from the picture above that he is a mere fraction the size of a French Grunt and moving irratically in the surge.








This Juvenile French Angelfish was curious and let me get some good shots.


This little Lantern Bass held his ground, as well, letting me take several shots before he disappeared.



As we came off the Knoll, we headed over to the Fish Camp Rocks and I got this photo of a Rainbow Parrotfish









as well as this shot of a Redband Parrotfish.





We then headed back to the beach, about ten minutes shy of a two-hour dive.  Liz brought some home-made ginger snaps, which were quite a treat.





No comments:

Post a Comment