03 March 2014

Solo Dive on to the Big Coral Knoll

Got to the beach about 8:00 am and got in the water.  Swam out to the swim buoy and descended.  Headed 100 degrees to the concrete blocks, but got set to the North.  Found the blocks quickly and then headed up the gunsight to the Cigar Rock and the Gray Mid-Way Rock, where I turned North and swam to the Perpendicular Rocks, the Swept Rock and the Knoll.  Stayed on the Knoll for most of the dive.  Lots of fish including





this Initial Phase Blackear Wrasse,





this Rainbow Wrasse,





this Sand Diver,




this Sergeant Major





and, of course, a Green Sea Turtle.


I spotted these two small French Grunts eyeing one another and by the time I got over near them, they were going at it.  They swam apart when the strobe fired, but were back attacking one another just a few minutes later.









I got a nice shot of a Cymothoid Isopod attached to this Doctorfish.





I also got this shot of a Stoplight Parrotfish getting cleaned by a Neon Goby.

My computer recorded the warmest water temperature as 75 degrees, and I was cold after the first 30 minutes of the dive.  The the end of the dive, I was shivering.  Still, I managed to make 2 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment