26 May 2011

Two Solo Dives to the Fish Camp Rocks

Since I would be taking a student there on Saturday, I thought it might be a good idea to dive the Fish Camp Rocks. I set up as usual and held my 90 degree bearing. I found precursor rocks and then the Fish Camp Rocks. When no one is around, it works out so well. I swam over to the Furry Rock to get some pictures, then to the Big Coral Knoll, where I got a photo of a Chub in spotted mode and several who were not. I also found and photographed a Flamefish, a Speckled Hermit Crab and a couple of Green Sea Turtles while at the Coral Knoll. On the way back to the beach, I found a Cushion Sea Star partially buried in the sand. I took a picture, but it did not come out very well.

On the second dive, I wanted to go to the Fish Camp Rocks, then out to the Ledge and look for my mark. I got lost, though, following and photographing a Green Sea Turtle and had trouble finding the Fish Camp Rocks. I never did make it out to the Ledge. I found the Rocks only because of the schooling Midnight Blue Parrotfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment