20 June 2020

20200620_Yankee Clipper Jacks


Martha and I left our apartment a little after 7:00 am and got to the parking lot by 7:15 am. Leo and Luis came a little after 8:05 am. We all geared up and got in the water. I took a bearing to the Jacks based on my various landmarks just in case I lost sight of my landmarks as I did last time we dove the Jacks. 

We swam on the surface out to the Three-tiered Reef and could could plainly see my markers during the whole time. At 8:55 am, we descended on the Three-tiered Reef and followed a WSW line 

of single Jacks the start of the row of Jacks.  where I got a picture of a Blue Tang (Acanthurus coeruleus).


Martha and I were on the South side of the Jacks and Luis and Leo were on the North side. This works out well, each buddy group can follow the other groups bubbles but we are not trying to photograph the same fish and stumbling over each other as we do so. 


I found and photographed this Queen Angelfish (Holacanthus ciliaris) 






this Caribbean Spiny Lobster (Panulirus argus) 







this French Grunt (Haemulon flavolineatum).






and this Yellow Jack (Caranx bartholomaei). 

 



When we got to the Northeast end of the Jacks, Martha spent some time exploring the area to the Southwest and hunting for shells in that area. 

When Leo and Luis at the Northeast end of the Jacks, we traded sides for the swim back. I left the Jacks with 1400 psi and got to the beach with 364 psi. 


As I started to walk out of the ocean, Leo grabbed my fins and helped me get over the step. then he did the same for Martha. 


Nice dive, but I need to better control my gas. Dive time was 107 minutes to a maximum depth of 25.3 feet. My Actual consumption rate was 25.01 psi/minute; SAC was 16.51 psi/minute and my Residual Minute Volume was .43 cubic feet per minute. 





























 We left the Jacks with 1400 psi and got to the beach with 364 psi. Dive time was 107 minutes. Leo grabbed my fins and helped me over the step then did the same for Martha. Nice dive, but I need to better control my gas. . 

No comments:

Post a Comment