16 June 2020

20200616_Fish Camp Rocks

 Martha and I left the apartment at 6:35 am, geared up and got in the water at 7:10 am, then swam out to the buoy line to descend at 7:35 am. I thought we might find the blocks, but we did not. We did end up between the Perpendicular Rocks and the Green Coral Head just to the South. 




We swam past the Swept Rock and onto the knoll, but there was not a lot of life on the knoll. I did get this shot of a Red Grouper (Epinephelus morio), but then I headed NE to the Porthole Rock and the mini knoll, but they were barren too.





We headed back to the BCK and then swam to the Fish Camp Rocks. There I found a Goldentail Moray Eel (Gymnothorax miliaris), 

a  French Grunt (Haemulon flavolineatum) and a Bluestriped Grunt (Haemulon sciurus), 



as well as a Rock Hind (Epinephelus adscensionis).
 
 







Got some shots of a marbled Sharpnose Pufferfish, except I have no idea what it really is.

We explored the FCR then headed West to the Gray Mid-way Rock and ultimately the beach. We got on the sand with over 700 psi, so we killed some time and surfaced in 8 ft of water at 9:38 am. 

A nice woman named Lori offered to help us over the step. Marta did fine, but I went down even with her help. I crawled out and made it in on my second try 

Dive time was 122 minutes at a maximum depth of 20.7 feet.  Actual consumption was 20.45 psi/minute; SAC was 13.77 psi/minute and the Residual Minute Volume was 0.36 ft3/minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment