15 June 2020

20200615_Tower 15 Shore Dive

A bright and calm morning. Martha and I left for the beach at 6:45 am, geared up and got in the water at 7:15 then descended at 7:26 am.  First thing I saw was this small Green Sea Turtle (Chelonia mydas). 

I swam with the turtle and got some nice pictures. I wanted to get some photos with Martha and the turtle together, but she was no where to be found.

I surfaced and spotted the flag. I swam to her and she showed me that she was missing one of her weight packets, so we began searching for it.

I went back to where I started and worked my way into the beach swimming a 100-foot North-South swath as I traveled East. Martha searched closer to shore. 

I got about half way to the beach, then conferred with Martha who insisted she lost the packet not far from where I had started my search. I turned had swam my swath back to the reef and found her weight packet about 5 minutes later. 


I surfaced at 8:05 am and swam back to the beach to give her the weight packet. She did not want to dive, so we called it.  


Our dive time was 36 minutes at a maximum depth of 19.5 feet. My actual consumption rate was 9.64 psi/minute; my SAC was 6.77 psi/minute and my Residual minute volume was .17 cubic feet/minute. 













Martha immediately showed me that she was missing one of her weight packets, so we began searching for it. I worked my way into the beach swimming a 100 foot North-South swath. Martha searched closer to shore. I got about half way to the beach, conferred with Martha then turned had swam my swath back to the reef. I found her weight packet and surfaced at 8:05 am and swam back to the beach to give her the weight packet. She did not want to dive, so we called it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment