01 April 2014

Solo Dive on the Little Coral Knoll

The air was cool when I got up, but I wanted to get in the water today.  I swam out to the intersection of 300 degrees off Tower 15 and the line defined by the telephone pole and the Southern building behind the trees.  It was not the Little Knoll, though it may have been close.  I swam around the area for about 20 minutes and spotted the upturned coral head on the NE corner of the Little Knoll.  I spent the rest of the dive exploring the Little Knoll and taking pictures.



This Scrawled Filefish kept its distance, but spent a lot of time watching and following me around the knoll.








I found a little Goldentail Moray Eel tucked in the coral and took several pictures. I tried to entice him out, but this is about as far as I could get him.






I took a lot of shots of this Juvenile Creole Wrasse to get this one shot.  These little guys are fast and turn on a dime.





This Hogfish wasn't so shy, but he kept his distance for the most part.






I also played with a little Queen Angelfish, who was curious, but shy.



As usual, I got cold at around 40 minutes and started shivering after an hour. For much of the dive, 2 hours seemed possible, but it was not.  I was under for 101 minutes and the tank was sucked dry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment