04 February 2014

Solo Diving the Ledge of Turtles with the Canon 5d Mk III

       The cable connection from the camera to the stobe was corroded, so I cleaned it out, but that meant that the cable and the housing back were wet and needed to dry.   I decided to set up the Mk III and took it out instead of the Mk II.  Seemed to work fine.  Got some good shots.



      As usual, I swam out to the rock pile and headed off on a 125 degree bearing, but I spotted a Bandtail Puffer and gave chase.  Got some good shots, but I lost my bearing and missed the Ledge of Turtles.   I'm not sure where I was diving, but I got some good shots.


   Found a Brown Horseshoe Worm and got a nice picture.




      Also found a Banded Coral Shrimp and got a nice if upside down picture.




       Saw a Squirrelfish in the Staghorn Coral, as well as a French Grunt or two.


















I had worn shorts on the first dive, but change to long pants for the second dive.  They kept me warmer and being warmer may have gotten me to a 2 hour dive.  I was breathing better, primarily because I was not shivering.  I went in off the Pelican and headed SE.  I went maybe 2/3 rds of the way out to the Eastern Ledge and came West towards the beach.  I was hoping to find the Ledge of Turtles, but did not.  I came in right on Tower 20 and shifted just a little to come out at the main entry.





Got a shot of this Sharpnose Puffer.



This Intermediate Gray Angelfish.



A Gray Snapper




An Atlantic Spadefish
 

and this Sheepshead Porgy.


Total dive time was 121 minutes.  This was the first two hour dive since the New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment