05 February 2014

Solo Dive Planned on the Ledge of Turtles, but I apparently swam right by it, twice.

Late getting to the beach, so I had to hustle to get in the water by 9:30, before the lifeguards arrived.  I made it, but I was not ready for the dive.  I was cold when I got in and I stayed cold the whole time.
  



 The visibility was poor, but there was plenty of life.  I got pictures of this Juvenile Blue angelfish,




 then one of an inactive Spotted Goatfish


then a second picture of the same fish as its coloring went from inactive to active as it swam away from me.

I must have gotten off my bearing while taking pictures because I did not find the Ledge of Turtles or any of my usual landmarks.  So I just swam around.






I came up on Sharks Rock from the North and found a rather large Nurse Shark napping in its Lee. I only got this one picture of the shark's eye, as it raced away once I triggered the strobe.  






From Shark's Rock,  I went South to the Nipple Rock and then headed West to the Ledge of Turtles, but somehow I missed it.  I did spot this little insect looking thing along the bottom and got a couple of shots. I still have not identified it.  









I got pictures of a Juvenile Blue Tang among some Staghorn Coral,







as well as a Foureye Butterflyfish, but I never found the Ledge of Turtles.

I went West to the beach after barely an hour and a half.  I was still cold and decided against a second dive.


No comments:

Post a Comment