03 July 2019

Tuesday, 2 July 2019 3rd OW dive to the Ledge off Tower 17


Martha and I drove to the Point of Americas to pick up Stefano. I had called him and asked him to let the guards know we were coming. He did and we got right in. Drove to the building, picked up Stefano and drove up to Tower 17. Geared up and got in the water at 7:25 am.









Swam out to the Ledge and I descended to tie off the flag line. Signaled Martha and Stefano descended. I had spoken earlier with Stefano and suggested that we breathe up the water column during the alternate air source ascent.  We tried, but he simply wouldn't rise, so we swam up.




Went down again and made a Controlled Emergency Swimming Ascent. Stefano swam right along and we took a full minute to surface.









We went back down. I untied the flag line. We signaled Martha and we all swam North along the edge of the reef until I found the narrow ravine that should have led us to the Big Coral Knoll. We went up that ravine looking for the Big Coral Knoll but did not find it. We swam West to the beach.

The dive time was 56 minutes and the maximum depth was 34.5 feet. My SAC was 19.29 psi/minute and the RVM was 0.50 cubic feet/minute.





























































No comments:

Post a Comment