01 July 2019

Monday, 1 July 2019 1 st OW Dive off Tower 4

Martha and I got to the Point of America's compound but did not know Stefano's last name or the number of his apartment. We bluffed our way in, anyway, and then called Stefano, who came down to meet us. We drove over to the parking lot off A1A and parked on the East side of the lot to avoid a large truck parked across several spots on the West side of the lot. We geared up.

I set Stefano up with 10 pounds of weight: two 3s and two 2s so I could swap weights to change his weights if I needed. I had him sit on the bottom and he seemed heavy enough so we descended at 7:44 am in 8 feet of water and swam along the bottom to the buoy. Stefano did well clearing his ears. We swam up to the Wrap Around Ledge and then swam South along the edge to the large coral head them swam back North again. We went over the ledge and the rubble to the Rock Line and North to the tire. At the tire, we turned East and swam to the Crescent Moon Rock and ENE to the Giant Barrel Sponges and finally the staghorn coral with all the fish.

I think Stefano enjoyed the dive and he seemed to be well-weighted. We went North along the reef, but Stefano soon signaled to me that he was at 1200 psi. We turned the dive and swam back along the staghorn coral, over the sand flat to the rock line and back to the beach. Since it was before 10:00 am and before the lifeguards were on duty, we continued swimming almost to the beach and got out.

The dive was 60 minutes long to a maximum depth of 20.8 feet.  My SAC was 16.79 psi/minute and my RMV was .43 cubic feet per minute.


No comments:

Post a Comment