15 April 2015

Diving off Catamaran Beach

Woke up about 3:30 am, spent time checking email and watching TV. Decided I'd rather walk the dog than head to the beach for some night dives, so I did. Went to the beach around 8:00 am and got in the water a few minutes later. Swam out to the swim buoy off Tower 4, descended and then swam off to the NE. Went through the ledge with lots of fish, but ended up on the sand, so I swam due North for a while looking for some rocks and fish. Got to 40 minutes and surfaced to find that I was North of the Marriot Courtyard.

Bottom temperature was 78 degrees; dive time was 40 minutes; consumption rate was 27.50 psi/minute at an average depth of 17 feet and my SAC rate was 27.50 psi/minute on an Aluminum 80.


During the surface interval, I swam South and got South of the Marriot, though I was still well North of Tower 4. I descended to about 25 feet of water on a large sandy area. From there, I continued South or Southwest taking pictures and looking for shells. Found a nice Gaudy Natica, but not at all as large as the one I found yesterday. As I reached 40 minutes, I surfaced to find I was NE of Tower 4.

Bottom temperature remained at 78 degrees, though I frequently saw 79 degrees on my computer; dive time was 40 minutes; consumption was 25.82 psi/minute at an average depth of 21 feet and my SAC rate was 15.78 psi/minute on an aluminum 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment