16 April 2015

Looking for the Plow Anchor

Woke up about 3:30 am, spent time checking email and watching TV. Decided I'd rather walk the dog than head to the beach for some night dives, so that is what I did.

I went to the beach around 8:00 am and got in the water a few minutes later. Swam out to the swim buoy off Tower 4. On the way out, I saw a rainbow over the beach and I shot this picture. Then I descended and swam off to the NE. Went through a ledge with lots of fish and life.
 I got this shot of a Christmas Tree Worm on Fire Coral,

and this shot of an Initial Phase Redband Parrotfish,


After the ledge, I was on the sand. I swam due North for a while looking for familiar topography. Got to 40 minutes and surfaced to find that I was North of the Marriott.


Bottom temperature was 78 degrees; dive time was 40 minutes; consumption rate was 27.50 psi/minute at an average depth of 17 feet and my SAC rate was 27.50 psi/minute on an Aluminum 80.


During the surface interval, I swam South and got South of the Marriott, though I was still well North of Tower 4. I descended to about 25 feet of water on a large sandy area. From there, I continued South or Southwest taking pictures and looking for shells.

Got this shot of a Dusky Jawfish,








and ths shot of a Juvenile Cocoa Damselfish,














and this shot of a Queen Angelfish.






Bottom temperature remained at 78 degrees, though I frequently saw 79 degrees on my computer; dive time was 40 minutes; consumption was 25.82 psi/minute at an average depth of 21 feet and my SAC rate was 15.78 psi/minute on an aluminum 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment