23 August 2014

Diving the Clipper Jacks with Luis Monroy

I got down to the South Beach Parking Lot at about 7:00 am and missed a glorious sunrise by just minutes. Need to get there about 6:30 am. Luis came at 7:30 am and we geared up and got in the water.  Made a 20 minute surface swim out towards the Jacks.  I felt something bump my shoulder and sting the underside of my arm. Didn't see anything at the time, but we ran in to a lot of Moon Jellies soon after and decided to descend. We swam East to the sand and didn't see any Jacks, but headed North and swam right to them.  I filled tanks yesterday and thought I got 3400 psi, but only had 2800 when I checked on the bottom.  Poor visibility.  Saw some more of the yellow fish and checked but could not see any barbells so they may not be Yellow Goatfish, through they look similar.

I got pictures of

 a Bar Jack,
a Glassy Sweeper,

a Nurse  Shark swimming over the Jacks,

 Some Spotted Goatfish,
a Scrawled Filefish
a Spotted Trunkfish,
a Porcupinefish,
and a little Sand Diver.


Bottom time was 111 minutes.  Bottom temperature was 88 degrees.  My SAC rate was 14.98 psi/minute and my RMV was 0.39 ft3/minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment