25 March 2014

Solo Dive to the Big Coral Knoll

I got to the beach just a few minutes before 9:00 am.  I geared up and got in, then swam out to the blocks.  Didn't seem like much of a current, but I saw nothing I recognized after the blocks until I got to Irish Thighs,





where I shot this picture of a Seaweed Blenny. Then I got lost again until I found the Gray Mid-way Rock.






Shot this picture of a Juvenile Highhat at the Gray Mid-way Rock.




Shot these two pictures of the same Hogfish just past the Swept Rock.  In the picture to the left, the fish has mottled coloring, which it often assumes when rooting on the bottom.  In the picture below, the fish displays the white coloring it usually assumes when swimming above the reef.





This picture of a Spotted Goatfish using its two barbels to search for food.




This is a Bluestriped Grunt.






And this is a picture of a Juvenile Stoplight Parrotfish.



My air usage was okay until 45 minutes into the dive and I went from .35 to .45 ft3.  By 72 minutes I was shivering uncontrollably and my RVM was .55 to .6 ft3.  Tough Dive.

No comments:

Post a Comment