06 August 2020

20200806_Tower 17

 Martha and I got to the beach about 6:50 am and got in the water at 7:00 am. We swam out to the buoy line when I noticed that I had forgotten to take the lens cap off my camera. I swam back to the Jeep, opened the housing and removed the lens cap. I was in a hurry and although I had forgotten to shave, I skipped it. We descended at 7:34 am and I discovered that the lens was no longer set to auto focus. I made three mistakes, but I went diving anyway. 

We swam ESE to the blocks and E to the Gray Mid-way Rock, but we ended up at the Green Coral Head across from the Perpendicular Rocks and just South of the Big Coral Knoll, where I spotted and swam with a large Green Sea Turtle. Missed a few good shots. Spent some time on the Knoll then decided to swim South to the Fish Camp Rocks. 

Spent some time at the Rocks then swam South to the Columnar Coral and Southwest to the small knoll with a Sphinx-like rock protecting it. From there we headed West to the beach, but in no particular hurry. Spotted a Squid and followed along but really just missing the camera. 

Our dive time was 135 minutes at a maximum depth of 21.1 feet. My A/C was 21.53 psi/minute; my SAC was 14.21 and the Residual Minute Volume was 0.37 cubic feet per minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment