22 July 2019

Monday, 22 July 2019 Solo Dive on the Yankee Clipper Jacks

Took Mia for a walk at 5:00 am this morning and the weather was good. Light wind. Warm air. I decided to go diving. Martha has not been cleared by her doctor to dive yet, so she stayed on the beach. I took the camera and the flag. Decided to go to the Jacks and to swim underwater to them.




I descended in about 8 feet of water and tried to hold a 100-degree bearing. I thought I was adjusting for the current, but when I got on the reef I surfaced to find I was almost to the Bahia Mar. I swam South over some larger rocks that seemed familiar to me and ended up on the Jacks just past the reef and in 25 feet of water.
Rainbow Parrotfish (Scarus guacamaia)






I took too many pictures of Rainbow Parrotfish and a Hogfish who paid little attention to me and allowed me to get close.







Hogfish (Lachnolaimus maximus) 













Intermediate French Angelfish (Pomacanthus paru)


















Caribbean Spiny Lobster (Panulirus argus) 











Spotted Goatfish (Pseudupeneus maculatus) 





Red Grouper (Epinephelus morio) 








Southern Atlantic Stingray (Dasyatis americana) 
















Bluestriped Grunt (Haemulon sciurus)







I think this Bluestriped Grunt is looking for one of the smaller fish to clean the parasites from it's mouth. Looks funny.

Bottom time was 128 minutes at a maximum depth of 24.7 feet. My SAC was 14.98 psi/minute and the RMV was 0.39 cubic foot.









No comments:

Post a Comment