19 April 2015

Javier Dives Catamaran Beach

Arantxa, Javier and Carlots were a little late getting to the apartment so we were a little late leaving the apartment and got to the beach about 8:15 am. Luis was there and had asked a fellow to move his car so that I could park next to Luis. The guy did so which was nice, but unexpected.




We swam out to the swim buoy and descended then headed off to the NE.

As we turned East, I got this shot of a Purplemouth Moray Eel.











Just a few yards to the East, I spotted and photographed this Red Grouper.

We ended up in the rocky area, which was really nice. lots of fish, but we really fought the South current to get there. Didn't see anything really special, but mostly a lot of reef fish.



 For example, got this shot of a Scrawled Cowfish
and this shot of a Graysby.








Bottom temperature was 78 degrees; dive time was 86 minutes; consumption rate was 21.92 psi/minute at an average depth of 17 feet and my SAC rate was 14.47 psi/minute.


Arantxa was complaining about her right ear, so she and Carlota decided to bail on this second dive. Javier, Luis and I, went, however. I spotted a little octopus squeezed into a space behind a rock. Luis and I both got pictures, then I pulled the rock out, but the octopus did not vanish.

He moved away and ultimately hid from us in one of the swiss cheese holes in the reef, but we followed him for several minutes.




Then we headed out NE again and found the same rocky area with the reef fish.





 I got this shot of a Bicolor Damselfish
and then this shot of an Orange Spotted Filefish.



We turned the dive and I thought we were too far South, but it turns out we were too far North. Anyway, we had to make some corrections to get out near the exit.

Bottom temperature was 78, again, Dive time was 106 minutes with plenty of air left; consumption was 22.45 pai/minute at an average depth of 16 feet and my SAC rate was 15.12 psi/minute on an aluminum 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment