03 April 2015

Diving with Luis off Catamaran Beach

Although I ended my dive at 7:13 am, I didn't actually leave the water for another 15 minutes and I spent 10 minutes getting the gear off, shells secure and finally drying myself off. I really wasn't ready to dive again when Luis got to the parking lot. I was still cold. Nonetheless, I did ultimately gear up and get in the water.

We swam just beyond the swim buoy and descended then headed due East. We went over sand and then a deep reef and back to sand at about 24-25 feet. Found a nice Gaudy Natica and several other shells. Got some pictures, but not too many.

Got this shot of an Atlantic Guitarfish

 this shot of a Gray Triggerfish,
This shot of a Starfish,
and this shot of a Yellow Sand Ray.


I turned the dive at 1400 psi and headed back to the beach. Luis and I were separated for a while, but he found my flag by the time we got to the white sand. He took the flag and we were in.


Bottom temperature was 75 degrees; dive time was 101 minutes; consumption rate was 25.99 psi/minute at an average depth of 20 feet and my SAC rate was 16.18 psi/minute on an aluminum 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment