12 March 2015

More diving on the Yankee Clipper Jacks

Got to the South Beach parking lot a little after 8:00 am and read for a bit. Calm at the beach and not much surf. Geared up and got in the water about 8:30 am and swam on the surface to the swim buoy line. Let the current carry me South off my marks. Ran into an unattached Man 'o War tentacle that lit me up, so I descended in case there were others. Got over the algae patch to the sand but only in 20 feet of water as a wave passed, then up to 18 feet. Headed North and swam under the North line of the 3-tiered reef. Got into 24-24 feet of water and surfaced.

Water temperature was 75 degrees; dive time was 55 minutes; consumption was 26.40 psi/minute at an average depth of 18 feet; SAC rate was 17.08 psi/minute on an aluminum 80.

Swam South on the surface during my surface interval. Descended to 24 feet of water. Found a really large and well decorated gaudy natica, which made it home with me. Found a number of Moonsails. Went South towards the Jacks, then headed SW onto the 3-tiered reef and headed for the beach. I left the Jacks with 1600 psi, but surge was a problem for me and I was burning through air a little faster. Got on the Algae Patch, but really didn't recognize where I was. Thought I saw the white sand before the beach, so I killed some time and used 500 psi, but turns out I saw a bed of sand on the Algae Patch. I was hustling to get over the patch and into the swimming area. Made it with air to spare.

Water temperature was 75 degrees; dive time was 59 minutes; consumption was 26.19 psi/minute at an average depth of 15 feet; SAC rate was 18.00 psi/minute on an aluminum 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment