16 December 2014

I set out to Recover the Plow Anchor Luis spotted a few weeks ago

I left the apartment just before 8:00 am and got to the beach about 8:12 am. Geared up. Wore long pants this morning. The surface was cold. I got in the water and swam out to the swim buoy to descend. Took the lift bag and decided to look for the plow anchor. Headed due East to the sand along the 100 degree bearing to the Jacks. When I came to the sand after 10 minutes, I swam 1 minute North and then headed back West. I made 3 round trip passes, then just kept going East on the sand to deeper water and turned South. I did not spot the Jacks, but headed SW. I found a nearly new Aqualung mask near the swim buoy, but I put it on my head backwards and it apparently fell off while I was swimming as it was gone when I turned due West and headed for the beach.  So I didn't find the plow anchor I was looking for and I lost the mask I found.  Great search & recovery dive.  Dive Time 101 minutes; SAC 17.89 psi/minute; RMV was 0.46 ft3/minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment