20 January 2014

MLK Day Solo Dive on the Ledge of Turtles

      I hung around until 10:00 am thinking that I could mail my sales tax return this morning, but the Post Office was closed.  I finally headed out around noon and found a single parking spot well South of Tower 20.  Nonetheless, I geared up and walked up to the corner and then hugged the beach onto the view property before I got in the water to avoid having the Lifeguard see me and cause a problem.

     I dropped in about 10 feet of water and swam South looking for my Rock Pile marker.   Once I found it, I decided to swim on a bearing of about 125-130.  I swam right to the Turtle Rock and then to the Ledge of Turtles where I took a number of pictures.

 I got several good shots of a Juvenile Yellowtail Damselfish.
 and several shoots, too, of an adult Yellowtail Damselfish.
 Lots of Grunts:  French, Smallmouth and Bluestriped.


I then headed off to Shark's Rock and vicinity.











I came across this Spotted Moray Eel, who was either hunting with or being stalked by the large Cravalle Jack in the picture below.






 I headed back to the Nipple Rock and then West to the Ledge of Turtles and found this Spotted Cyphoma.
 And this Greater Soapfish.

About 20 yards into the reef, I passed this Caribbean Spiny Lobster on my way West to the beach.  Not a bad dive.



No comments:

Post a Comment