19 January 2014

Leo, Luis and I dive the Ledge of Turtles

      I wore the 1.5 mm long pants today and 12 pounds of weight.  I felt a little heavy getting in, but it seemed just fine underwater.  Maybe try it a little lighter tomorrow.  We swam out and descended at the rock pile, then swam a 125 degree course to the turtle rock and larger mid-way rock.  From there, I swam 120 degrees to the Ledge of Turtles, though the water was so hazy that you couldn't identify it until we were right on it.

     I got this shot of a handsome Gray Angelfish  
and several good shots of a juvenile Yellowtail Damselfish.
 Found this French Grunt away from the Ledge and to the Northwest.
 Swam after this Hogfish.  He wasn't exactly swimming away from me, but he was trying not to look at me.  I swam along side of him and he just couldn't help himself.  I got my shot.
 Like the big eyes on the Squirrelfish.
Took this shot of a Blue Tang on Shark's Rock.  


      We had come due East from the Ledge and found Nipple Rock, turned North and swam to Shark's Rock.  We did things in reverse on the way back, but somehow missed the Ledge.  We were well South of the Tower when we surfaced, however, and it was incredibly cold walking out. 



      Luis and Leo washed up and left while I tried to warm up for a second dive.  I never could stop shivering, however, and finally went home about 1:00 pm.  Took a nap with Jordan to warm up.









    

No comments:

Post a Comment