26 January 2014

Luis and I dive the Ledge of Turtles

I got to Tower 20 just at 8:30 am and had to park 5 cars back.  Still cold, but sunny and warming.  Luis pulled up shortly after I got there.  He was diving his dry suit today.  I stuck with the 5mm vest and shorts. They are not nearly as warm, but they are certainly more comfortable and I know the weights.

We swam to the reef and descended at the Rock Pile.  I tried to hold 125 degree bearing, but it was likely we held 130 as we were SW of the larger mid-way rock when I spotted it.  We swam over to the rock, took some pictures.

Got a good shot of this Foureye Butterflyfish
an interesting shot of this Juvenile Yellowhead Wrasse

and this shot of a Juvenile Porkfish.


We spent  5 -10 minutes taking pictures on the large Mid-way Rock, then went to the Ledge of Turtles where I got these shots:





Got this shot of a Yellowtail Damselfish on the Ledge of Turtles,

and this head shot of a Spanish Grunt



and this Blue Tang with a Porkfish and a French Grunt in the back ground.

From the Ledge of Turtles, we swam to the Eastern Ledge and headed North for a ways.  Turned at 1500 psi and went SW and found the cushion and Shark's Rock, so we swam South to Nipple Rock and then West to the Ledge.
Along the way, I shot this photograph of a Yellowline Arrow Crab,
This Juvenile Slender Filefish
and this Barred Hamlet.

As we worked our way West, I shot this Juvenile Yellowtail Damselfish on the Ledge of Turtles.


Not much current, if any, but there was a bit of a tide wash.  Still we found  all the landmarks and got back to the beach with an air reserve.  Good day for a dive, but I was not up for a second dive.  Too cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment