29 January 2011

Looking for Cushion Sea Stars off Tower 17

I complained to Matt that the Blue Heron Bridge had lots of Cushion Sea Stars and there were none off our beaches. He suggested that we swim past the reef at the Tower Park, so Luis and I decided to try it. Our plans were derailed when we found a big coral knoll and a Hawksbill Turtle. I shot three videos swimming with this old gal, then I spotted a young Green Sea Turtle and swam over to shot a video of that turtle. By the time we had finished with the turtles, I was on fumes. Still, we dropped off the ledge and swam East but never did see any cusion stars. On the way back, I tried breathing off Luis' regulator while he used his air source, but the exercise was not well executed and we lasted only a short time before surfacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment