16 August 2020

20200816_Yankee Clipper Jacks


I called Chris at 6:00 am, but got his voice mail. I left a message that we would be parked in the big lot and diving Tower 4. When we arrived at 7:00 am, the water was smooth and glassy so we parked behind Tower 2 and dove the Yankee Clipper Jacks. I got no response from Chris, so Martha and I got in the water about 7:20 am and began our swim to the Jacks. 


As we got to the Three-Tiered Reef, Martha saw a Manta Ray (with "horns") come out of the water and splash back down. This was about 7:45 am and we descended at 7:55 am. I discovered that I had forgotten to turn my air on, so Martha came over and helped me out. I could tilt my tank and reach the knob, but I was not able to open the valve. She did.

I did get this picture of a Bluestriped Grunt (Haemulon sciurus). 


Martha also spotted a large Cowry shell and zipped by me to pick it up just as I reached for it. Later, she told me she spotted the shell as I was taking pictures and that she held back until she would not interfere with the pictures.




We stayed on the North side of the Jacks and swam along the Jacks to the NE end. Martha searched for shells and took pictures like this Blue Angelfish (Holacanthus bermudensis). 





 

like this Nurse Shark (Ginglymostoma cirratum)' 







like this Cero (Scomberomorus regalis), 







Like this Porcupinefish (Diodon hystrix),





like these Atlantic Spadefish (Chaetodipterus faber) 






Like these Caesar Grunts (Haemulon carbonarium) 





Like these two French Grunt (Haemulon flavolineatum) working out their disagreement







and like this  Schoolmaster (Lutjanus apodus). 





                      took the photograph below as we looked back at I took the photograph below as                                             we looked back at the beach on our swim out to the Three-Tiered Reef.

                                



I took the photograph below as we looked back at the beach on our swim out to the Three-Tiered Reef.














 Lots of fish. Lots of pictures. Even a few free divers. We headed back to the beach at 1300 psi and surfaced inside the buoy line with 229 psi each.  

No comments:

Post a Comment