24 June 2020

20200624_Swiss Cheese Reef

Martha and I left the apartment a little after 7:00 am. We geared up and got into the water at the beach about 7:25 am. We swam to the buoy line and descended at 7:44 am, except I had turned my gas off and had to go back to the surface to turn it on again. 

Martha found a very large fish hook we assume is used by the few people we encounter who are fishing for sharks off the beach. Nasty.

The water was calm, flat and clear. We were South of the buoy pin, but ended up going East to the reef. Got lots of pictures--658 in all, but I edited liberally What follows is a collection of better photographs of the fish we saw and I photographed on this dive. 

Yellowtail Snapper (Ocyurus chrysurus) 




French Angelfish (Pomacanthus paru) 


Gray Snapper (Lutjanus griseus) 



Sheepshead Porgy (Calamus penna) 




Green Razorfish (Xyrichtys splendens)






Nurse Shark (Ginglymostoma cirratum)







Nurse Shark (Ginglymostoma cirratum)






and a Spotted Moray Eel (Gymnothorax moringa).






Our dive time was 125 minutes at a maximum depth of 20.1 feet. My Actual Consumption was 20.36 psi/minute; my Surface Air Consumption was 13.71 psi/minute and my Residual Minute Volume was .35 cubic feet/minute. . 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment