26 March 2015

Diving the Yankee Clipper Jacks

I got to the South Beach parking lot about 8:20 am and quickly geared up and got in the water. I swam out past the buoy line on the surface and about half way across the Algae Patch then descended. I was still in only 16 feet of water, I swam ENE. Got to the sand and found a moonsail shell sort of like a Gaudy Natica but only small black lines and no tan or green coloring. It is on the small side but interesting. Went East along the North side of the 3-tiered reef and came up in 24 ft of water for a short surface interval.

Water temperature was 76 degrees; dive time was 61 minutes; consumption was 25.20 psi/minute at an average depth of 14 feet and my SAC rate was 15.99 psi/minute on an aluminum 80


During the surface interval, I swam South so when I descended I was close to the Jacks. Swam along the North side of the Jacks and then on the top for a bit taking pictures. Lots of fish, but mostly common reef fish.

Got this shot of an Initial Phase Striped Parrotfish,
 this shot of a Midnight Parrotfish,
this shot of a Sand Perch,
 this Sergeant Major,
this Slippery Dick on the 3-tiered reef,
and this Spotted Trunkfish.


Left the West end of the Jacks with 1400 psi and had a nice swim back across the sand and then the Algae Patch. Hung out on the edge of the white sand to get to 57 minutes, then headed across so that I came up at 60 minutes. Pleasant dive if not the most interesting photographically speaking.

Water temperature was 76 degrees; dive time was 60 minutes; consumption was 25.27 psi/minute at an average depth of 14 feet and my SAC rate was 17.74 psi/minute on an aluminum 80

No comments:

Post a Comment