15 June 2014

Luis and I dive the Big Coral Knoll

Didn't sleep well last night and missed my early morning dive.  I emailed Luis and let him know I would be at the beach when he got there.  He came around 8:00 am.  We geared up and got in; swam out to the blocks and descended.  Took a while to find the blocks, but we did and headed up the reef. Up the gun sight, to the cigar rock then the Gray Mid-way Rock, then we turned North and went to the Perpendicular Rocks where I got this shot of a Bluestriped Grunt,




and this shot of a Bluestriped Grunt getting a cleaning from a young Porkfish.











 the Swept Rock, where I got this shot of a Blue Tang,













and then the Knoll, where I found the Rock Hind on the large rock on the North side of the Knoll and got some pictures.









 

The Rock Hind raced off and hid inside the Coral Head lying on its side, where I got this shot.











 We went over to the English Garden, where I got this shot of a Smooth Trunkfish.   Unfortunately, we got lost coming back to the Knoll.  I thought I was in some large rocks to the NW of the Knoll,










but I spotted the Fish Camp Rocks to the West.  Could easily have gone right by.  I got this shot of a Stoplight Parrotfish at the Rocks.

We came back over the Gray Mid-Way Rock to the Cigar Rock to the sponge, Irish Thighs and the top sight of the gun sight, then we were lost again.

The next thing I recognized was a large rock where Trish and Nicolaas spotted  an Ocean Surgeonfish stuck in a pocket.  He had gone inside apparently thinking he could swim through, but it didn't go through and he couldn't swim backwards.

Luis and I headed Northwest from that rock and came in right at the Tower. The dive time was 122 minutes and I was sucking the tank dry to get that.  Luis still had 800 psi.





No comments:

Post a Comment