23 December 2013

Me and the Mk ii dive the Big Coral Knoll

Windy with rough surf, but not bad on the reef.  Visibility was poor with lots of particles in the water, but I took my Mk ii and got some shots.  Swam out to the blocks to descend.  Couldn't see the bottom, but found the blocks once I got there.  Then missed all the other landmarks in the bad visibility.


Ended up at the Perpendicular Rocks, where I got a shot of a juvenile Queen Angelfish.

Found this red-tipped Bearded Fire Worm. Couldn't figure out at first where it began and where it ended. Looks a bit like it was eating itself.  
Like how crisp the focus is on this Sergeant Major. The red sponge background was a bonus, as well.
 Most of the time these juvenile Blueheads bounce around so erratically that I can't get a picture, but this little guy just hung in the water and let me take his portrait.
This White Grunt was surprised to see anyone in the water, I think.  He just watched me.  
  This little French Grunt spiked himself up, but stayed in place while I got my shot.

After a couple of turns around the Knoll, I headed SW to the beach, where I fought my way through the surf and undertow to get on solid sand without wrecking my camera.  Made it.


No comments:

Post a Comment